Search This Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Bible Stories and Colouring Pages

There has been a movement in missions circles called Orality. It's about a storytelling approach to sharing the gospel in non-literature cultures.  There are some concerns about it as well as some able advocates. I am not going to go into the pros and cons.  I am still reading about it myself.  But in that reading, I came across a couple resources I think could be useful to anybody interested in sharing the Bible with children.
Here are some coloring pages.
Here are some stories.
Here's some more information on ways to tell the story


1 comment:

  1. I was planning to be in Bible Translation before I got married. I have a friend who works in an Orality training program and is doing lots with it. Its very exciting, seeing the gospel going out to places it hasn't been before and to peoples who are not just like us (aka literate!). The Bible is a story, and we miss it sometimes in our literate way to going about these things. Now, ideally, someone should be working on the orthography and Bible Translation, but that takes 20 years for just one book often times. And there are a limited number of folks doing that, so while they are working, people are still hearing God's story.

    ReplyDelete